Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Haawwwkward.

Hey, so I do have quite a few things to write about, but at the moment I'm a little sick and a little tired so I can't concentrate enough to write a proper post!

Anywho, embarrassing things always seem to happen to me, I don't know how, they just do. From boobs slips in a room full of girls over new years, to walking out of bathrooms multiple times with my dress tucked into my undies, to flashing Steph my undies once or twice at Toni's old place, to calling up my dads tenant in our house drunk without realising how drunk i am, to always somehow managing to trip up on myself in public.

Here's a bit of background to the latest embarrassing thing that happened:

2 years ago I was in hospital with some weird thing going on with my feet that meant it was too painful to walk, I had lumps on my chest and I think having a tube in my hand the whole time made me a whole lot sicker just looking at it. Still don't know exactly what it was and I always wish that I had doctors like Grey's Anatomy, because the 9 doctors in my room knew nada.
ANYWAY.
While I was there, they do their routine background checks so that when they take your blood, they can test for different possible things it might be. So in comes a doctor and asks the routine questions, then comes the dreaded "are you sexually active?". When he asked this, I froze. I thought that they would test to see if I was pregnant (I didn't consider the other disease stuff), so I thought i'd let him know pretty swiftly there was no way in hell I could be, so I came out to the doctor. And he looked a bit taken aback. Then I got uncomfortable. Then I needed to pee real bad but needed a nurse to wheel me around. And then he asked some more questions and left. THAT was terrifyingly awkward and has scarred me emotionally in a really pathetic way.

So. Learning from this after retelling my story to my friends, I found that you should just answer as anyone else with the standard yes or no.

Yesterday I went to the doctors because I was in pain (won't go into this but it was enough for me to go to A&E) and was put into the room with a really lovely and (really damn attractive) erm, efficient. Here's the convo.



Nurse: Okay is there any chance of you being pregnant?

Me: (laughs) No.

Nurse: (Looking at computer screen and typing) So, are you sexually active?

Me: (Quite sure of myself) Yes.

Nurse: (looks at me) Do you use protection?

Me: Ahh, no?

Nurse: (A little confused) No condoms..?

Me: Noo..

Nurse: The pill..?

Me: Nope

Nurse: (A little incredulously) Um, a diaphram?!

Me: (Freaking out because I've just realised I have to come out to yet another medical professional) Um.. well, no, I don't really because um, I'm kind of a, you know, um. I have sex with my girlfriend. /coughs.

Nurse: (Goes silent then pulls herself together and types) Right, so, um, same ah sex relationship..

Me: /dies.


Then the doctor arrives and looks at the info.


Doctor: So, same sex relationship huh? (smirks and looks over at me)

Why oh why!

I feel a little better now getting that out there, I don't know if I have told Steph about this yet but I have a feeling she'll check on her fancy ass iPhone tonight. I promise to post something more interesting next time!xx




No comments:

Post a Comment