Sunday, January 23, 2011

I Blame Coco for making me love her!


Since I've been sick (refer to my last post), I haven't really done much at all apart from mope about in the house. Which sounds really sad and it is! Also, i'm missing Steph because usually we could go and hang out and I intend on watching a movie with her before she leaves, something we haven't done since Wild Child hahaha. And I'm also missing the girlfriend, I can't wait until she moves into her flat in the city!

Here's a picture of all of us being a little crazy before town a couple of weeks ago. I'm glad I have friends that get along with my girlfriend, hearing about people with partners that can't even hang out with the others friends seems really odd to me.


Soo I currently have a couple of songs which Steph and George Fm has of course introduced me to, and I busy myself by having some type of interpretive dance session in my kitchen so that my blood will move around! I only wish i'd continued ballet though, I think I might've strained my thigh muscle trying to be swoopy and graceful and dance to songs that suit a different moving style. I sound like a dork now.

The two songs I can't seem to get enough of are

They're great tracks, especially for this summer weather NZ is having (aside from the cyclone rain..) but playing them on your laptop don't really do the tracks justice, so I'm 'borrowing' my little brothers speakers for these daily dance sessions..

Another artist who I'm currently in love with, goes by the name of Coco Sumner. She has a fantastic kooky style, and is inspired by Winston Churchill. Coco has an incredible voice, it's an addiction that I can compare to Stephs addiction for her caffeine. Her music has tasteful lyrics which makes you appreciate her as a true artist. She is an independent person, and never relies on furthering her career by making it known that Sting happens to be her father.
Obviously, I have a huge crush on her. I may sound a bit fan-girly, but she seems like one of those real and genuine artists, not like the pop stars Steph has mentioned in her post below. I've watched videos of her live performers, and she has a natural talent without the need of editing, and began writing songs at 15. As soon as her album I Blame Coco comes out, i'm buying it. And I haven't bought an album in more than 5 years!


Enjoy!

Rhi



No comments:

Post a Comment